Jewish Women of Words is a multi-author, collaborative blog site by and for Jewish women across the generations. Submissions are invited by anyone writing on issues of interest to Jewish women. JWOW is facilitated by an editorial committee that undertakes a two-person peer review of each submission and a comprehensive editorial process.
By submitting written material to this blog you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- When submitting a post, please do so via the template.
- Only submissions that utilise the template will be accepted.
- Post should be between 600-1000 words.
- JWOW will publish interesting, thought-provoking, well-written pieces.
- JWOW accepts any literary genre including creative writing, non-fiction articles, interviews, opinion pieces and poetry.
- JWOW will disseminate published posts via Facebook and an email distribution.
- JWOW retains editorial discretion and reserves the right not to publish.
- JWOW may request that you revise and resubmit the submissions with amendments.
- JWOW encourages a free flow of information. We accept previously published articles and require their origin to be stated so that it can be acknowledged.
- JWOW welcomes submissions from non-Jewish women however the subject matter of the material should be Jewish related.
- JWOW is run by a voluntary editorial committee and therefore does not provide payment for submissions
- First time and emerging writers are strongly encouraged to submit material
- JWOW welcomes responses to articles. However, these must be respectful and articulated via a response article or comments on Facebook. Comments on Facebook must be civil and reflect the guidelines.
- Material that is deliberately intended to undermine, antagonise, vilify or defame individuals or the organisations or ethnic groups they may represent will not be accepted.
- JWOW reserves the right to delete and or block offensive comments.
- All submissions are written in the author’s personal (rather than organisational) capacity.
- Submissions can be posted anonymously or under a pseudonym. The author’s identity must be included in the submission, but will be kept strictly confidential, so long as this is expressly requested when making the submission.
- Your personal information and contact details must be provided. JWOW will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent.
- Longer essays may be submitted as a series of posts.
Further, by submitting the material you represent that you:
- are not infringing any rights (such as copyright of other people or organisations);
- have all necessary rights to allow JWOW to publish the material submitted;
- allow JWOW to republish the material submitted in any form they deem appropriate in the future. This is likely to be in the form of anthologies or publications showcasing JWOW contributions; and
- indemnify JWOW from any action that might be taken against them arising from the infringement of third party rights or defamation.
- The views expressed in material published are the personal opinions of the authors named
- JWOW is not responsible for content accuracy or obtaining consent from article subjects
- JWOW is a Not for Profit organisation run by volunteers